Explore useful resources from SES and lead agencies for a more in-depth look at IDEA.
1. Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
2. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504)
3. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Searchable version: http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=860052a815eeda20c1d2009f161af1a7&rgn=div5&view=text&node=34:188.8.131.52.1&idno=34.
- With comments: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fidea.ed.gov%2Fdownload%2Ffinalregulations.pdf&ei=r5VFVIbtIIH8yQSY74HoAg&usg=AFQjCNERLyoHWe7eESsBb001kecVYaZmUg&sig2=L4ZzkmezaNYA8V39L2c4NA&bvm=bv.77880786,d.aWw.
2. Section 504
Articles of Interest
1. Memos, Dear Colleague Letters, and Policy Letters of Import to IDEA Hearing Officers
2. The Sanctioning Authority of IDEA Hearing Officers
3. What’s Happening and Where? (Case Law Update)
1. Center on Technology and Disability
2. U.S. Department of Education
3. Office of Special Education And Rehabilitative Services (OSERS)
4. Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP)
5. Office for Civil Rights
6. Protecting Student Privacy (FERPA)
7. Technical Assistance Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS)
8. The Center for Appropriate Dispute Resolution in Special Education (CADRE)
9. National Association of State Directors of Special Education (NASDE)
10. The National Academy for IDEA Administrative Law Judges and Impartial Hearing Officers